Collage cover

Collage cover

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Multi-Generational Photos...Invaluable

Over the past few years, I have begun to realize how important multi-generational photos are. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older myself, but I adore the photos I have with my older relatives. Sometimes it feels as if our world is moving at warp speed...work, activities, school, sports.... The moments we spend with extended family often slow down time and get to the heart of what's important in our world. We have the posed images that document what we looked like at a point in time or the ones taken at this wedding or that party. What I like best are the images of the quiet moments, the special moments, the silly moments, the snuggly moments...

Summer Moments

Fall Moments





I enjoy the images that include the whole family, just the grandchildren, or a special pair.... Capture the moments with the family dog, a special uncle, or summer that the grandson grew taller than the grandmother...


On a personal note, I regret not having a photo of just me and my amazing grandmother, Cecile, on my wedding day. I do have other photos with her--which I treasure. Above is a photo of my parents with my children and my nephews. I took it last fall on the beach we all love. I plan to take many more...

No comments: