Collage cover

Collage cover

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Motherhood: The Journey with 4 Teens

As many of you know, I've been photographing and blogging about mothers and their children. 
Right now, I am focusing on Mothers whose children have special needs. I have truly been inspired in different ways by each of these mothers. This month, Susan and her four teens are in the blog. 
Can you imagine being the mother of 4 High Schoolers? 

Susan's oldest daughter, Kristen, is developmentally delayed and physically challenged. She also has a contagious smile, a love of horses, and a vibrant spirit. It was my pleasure to photograph Susan and Kristen as well as their entire beautiful family. 

Each and every mother that I photograph for this project inspires me. You give me energy and fill my soul. On that note, I want to mention Susan's work as Vice President of an amazing organization called SMILE Mass. 

SMILE Mass has a mission to create day trip or a vacation opportunity without barriers. This foundation seeks to enable individuals and families with a disabled member to enjoy a getaway similar to those who have no special needs. Please visit their Web site to learn more: SMILE Mass 
And enjoy these images and Susan's story.





No comments: